ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Intuos Pen Crashes ArtRage

Wacom Intuos Pen Crashes ArtRage

Hi folks, I've just bought a new Intuos 3 tablet which is absolutely brilliant but I'm finding there are a few bugs when using it with ArtRage. The worst one which really is a pain in the backside is when I have any key controls whatsoever loaded onto the toggle switch on the tablet pen it makes ArtRage crash sporadically. It doesn't matter which shortcuts I've got on the pen it just seems to make the program crash when making some movements and it seems to be completely random. Sometimes everything's fine for a while and then ArtRage will just shut down and I'll lose my work/image. I've noticed a kind of warning that it will crash soon is when the brush I'm using appears on the screen as the little target/sight which usually signifies a narrow brush setting even if I'm using a wide brush. Has anyone else using the new Intuos 3 had any problems? I really would like to sort it as having shortcuts on the pen makes life a lot easier and I feel like I'm not getting the most from the tablet if I can't use the pen properly. I'm using a MacBook Pro with 10.4.11. Thanks a lot and take care.

I can't replicate this problem with my tablet at the moment, could you let me know what key strokes you have assigned to the rocker switch, whether you assigned them to the upper or lower switch, and whether the crash happens at any time when you are not pressing the switch or if it's only when it is pressed.

The 'c' key will toggle the precise cursor, which may explain why the cursor changes if you have that allocated to the switch.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Also, can you let us know what version of ArtRage you're using. If it's not the latest ( 2.5.20 ) you can update via the Member area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design