ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Second Try on the Borrowed Wacom

Second Try on the Borrowed Wacom

This isn't worth posting except, I keep making Blobs, and I can't seem to paint right. Anyone who can give me advice about what it would be best to draw with first (crayon or pencil or chalk or oil ) or if I shouldn't draw first at all! Just any advice at all! it would be very nice. I'm expected to make a beautiful picture with this Wacom , and it would be nice to learn anyway.

I also have trouble controlling the aorbrush. its always too heavy, even with autoflow off. I'm probably doing something stupid.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Keep the sketch on a different layer,so the colors will not mix with the gray.(like in the hair)
    paint all the different things on a different layer under your sketch,once you think something is finished,you can always flatten the image.
    If the layer with the airbrush seems to heavy, try adjusting gthe opacity of that layer.
    Did this help?
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

It helped =) and I'll try when next I get a chance.

I love it.

What's bothering you most?

Only thing I would consider, if you're going to have hair running over the shoulder like that with a transparent paint, I wouldn't draw the shoulder where the hair is. And that would let the paint representing the hair be simply a well designed shape with some filigree-like detail for interest. Unconfused.

Otherwise it loses the representation of hair when it becomes mere strokes of paint tinting the shoulder.

But your style is whimsical and feminine, and reminds me some of the styles I've seen in children's books and among many european artists and animators. It's overall looking very good.

There may be others with some ArtRage tool usage tips. I'm still pretty new to the program myself.

Forgot to add that too.It is a really nice painting. The progress comes with practise.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

are you talking about the little blobs on her sleeves and by her neck?
    hmmm.. i don't know. it is a nice painting, though. glad to hear your using a wacom!
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

I would guess the blobs you are writing about have something to do with oil paint strokes. To avoid such use air brush for color, or pastels in combination with drawing pencils for fine line details. The blobs (brush strokes) are suppose to simulate the real media effect that you would experience painting with oil paints on a canvas. When you run into a serious problem with the paint in oils appearing in blobs you might try breaking it up a bit with the palette knife. If you do not get the desired effects on first attempt with knife, go into edit and click on undo to remove last application stroke that you added to painting.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.