Thread: Question about the wacom tablets

Question about the wacom tablets

I was wondering is wacom the only tablet out there? is it the best? how does one determine which one is good. Should one not get a small one? I hear there are different sizes how do you know what size you will need. My daughter is an artist and has been drawing since she could hold a pencil. I wanted to get her a tablet for Christmas but this Christmas was tight. I am hoping to get her one soon. We downloaded the starter edition of ArtRage yesterday. She has been palying with it. We want to encourage her to continue with her art. I own Painter X but it is pretty complicated this seems to be easier well at least it appears to be. I heard the previous editon of ArtRage is free to download is this true?

thanks
    Rabecca newbie

Gallery
    View images
    rabecca,

i just purchased a tablet on ebay for $50. it is brand name genius and was a pay now, no bidding auction. it works great, is 8x6, i think, and is perfect! i haven't tried any others so i couldn't give you any other advice.
    i tried going to circuit city, but all their prices are marked up, and they only had the most expensive types, anyway.
    hope your girl likes artrage....i sure do!

Gallery
    View images
    My first tablet was Aiptek 12000u A4, got it for 99 Euro from Germany. It worked great, and its in perfect condition yet. I've used it for almost 5 years. Now i got myself a Wacom Bamboo A5 - excellent tablet for home use, i do my freelance stuff on it, and i have another one - at work: Wacom Intuos 3 A5. It has some extras, but not that important to me.

So, the conclusion: There are new versions of Aiptek, which are far better than the my old one. But if you don't mind spending like 200$ on it, go get Bamboo - great one. Good luck!
    Last edited by Borilius; 01-27-2009 at 11:37 PM.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Gallery
    View images
    if any of you want to work a bit more professionell, than use these ones

http://www.redcoon.de/index.php/cmd/...G_Intuos_3_A4/

http://www.redcoon.de/index.php/cmd/...m_PTZ_631W_DE/

http://www.redcoon.de/index.php/cmd/...D_Intuos_3_A5/

for having fun with a bigger one and also you already knew something about the tricks with tablets
    for beginners

http://www.redcoon.de/index.php/cmd/...oo_Fun_Medium/

and for the starters
    http://www.redcoon.de/index.php/cmd/...mboo_ONE_Grau/

wacom is leading in graphic tablets

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingul View Post
    if any of you want to work a bit more professionell...
    Sorry man, but this is crap - there is no tablet, which will make you work "professional". It's all about your skills in drawing/painting/editing etc. So the tablet doesn't matter much. You can see A LOT of professional works on the net done using a... mouse.
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Quote Originally Posted by earthmama View Post
    rabecca,

i just purchased a tablet on ebay for $50. it is brand name genius and was a pay now, no bidding auction. it works great, is 8x6, i think, and is perfect! i haven't tried any others so i couldn't give you any other advice.
    i tried going to circuit city, but all their prices are marked up, and they only had the most expensive types, anyway.
    hope your girl likes artrage....i sure do!
    thanks I can see ebay will be the way I will have to go right now

Gallery
    View images
    No Wacom isn't the only brand out there. I personally use a small Wacom Bamboo Fun, love it to pieces. Makes drawing on the computer a heck of a lot easier.

Gallery
    View images
    Wacoms the main leader in graphics tablets but isnt the only one

I've heard Trust do some good tablets too and in terms of Wacom I've heard good things about Bamboo and I love my Intros 3 A5 to bits~

Gallery
    View images
    I use a small Wacom Bamboo Fun. I love it. It's the perfect size to balance on my knee. I got mine w/o mouse on Amazon for about $62. Great buy. mj

irishrose Guest
    Hi, I just posted on the General Chat section. Wacom has a 4x6 intuous 3 tablet for 160 (after the 20 instant rebate and 40 mail in). That's a STEAL! I paid 219 for it when I first got mine... and I am so happy I did but wish I had this deal back then. It's good till first week in March.

www.wacom.com. Remember it's the 4x6. (tell them Rose sent you and maybe I'll get another for free! )

And I have to agree, Wacom is THE leader in the industry. Never had a problem with all the ones I have bought in the past... my kids have a small one and love it.. the bamboo fun!