ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: additional program

additional program

there almost all user using at least 1 additional image editor program , so i make this thread to ask : what the program you use ?
    now is im using gimp 2
    ... Listen to a nightingale
    ... For a Silent Mind

Hi goldenrosa. I use mostly all art rage. I export to Photoshop file to make the jpeg and save for web. Sometimes I will boost the levels to darken there since I am on a mac. Rarely use filters there any more, but I will sometimes make a few brush strokes in Photoshop just as corrections I see it needs.
    When I do a portrait... I usually always will end up using some photoshop to soften the skin with the brush set on airbrush and lower opacity.

The art I post here it's painted with ArtRage. Here I post 100% ArtRage painting and if I used some little help like framing, I write about it in the description.

For other places I use many different programs and plug-ins, but here I think we need to show what could be done with ArtRage alone or almost alone. I mean you can go to Photoshop or Gimp to increase the contrast, frame it or to decrease the saturation, size and optimize for web, to write the copyright note, which is fair.

Starting to post here, I learned much more about the possibilities of ArtRage alone, it's a great art tool and the feeling using it is incredible!
    2006 Hermitage Foundation Museum 1st Place Creativity Award in mixed technique, digital and hand painting called "Red Carpet Torso".TAA Miniatures Show "Tiny Treasures of TAA"

'Creativity takes courage'
    Henri Matisse

I use a number of different programs for different reasons, but lately I've been using ArtRage alone when it comes to artwork. The only reason I've really gone to another program was for adding text (which I don't do often) or have a need to stretch/warp the aspect of something (again, not something I need to do often).

Anyhow, in the past I've used:
    Program - Main Use

ArtRage - Digital Painting/Drawing

Photoshop - Photo Manipulations/editing (Gimp or Sumo is a decent fill in for this program for anyone who doesn't have the cash for PS)

ImageReady - Used for making animated .gif files

Flash MX - web pages, games, animated shorts etc.

SketchUp - Creating 3D objects (used for redecorating an office and sometimes used to create rooms or backgrounds for comic pages)

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

my two main programs are Artrage and Photoshop. besides that i use a bunch of different software. Wings3d, Alchemy, 3dsMax, Sketchup and Painter.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

I use mainly Photoshop as a companion for Artrage (for texts, export image for web, adjust colors... and sometime I draw with artrage, then export to photoshop to fill areas with colors (it's fast with photoshop) and then come back to artrage) and I also use a lot of other apps : illustrator & microsoft expression design, blender, zbrush....
    My portfolio & other things :
    http://www.cedrictrojani.fr

For painting I use only ArtRage but for saving as a jpeg, resizing, making a stencil for text or adding an watermark, I use Photoshop.

I use PaintShop Pro XII and just started to use ArtRage demo tonight it seems to be pretty cool. How does one convert PTG files to PNG, jpeg etc...?

Paint Shop Pro says it doesn't recognize the files.

I also have PainterX which I haven't learned just yet not sure if I can use that either hmmm hopefully someone can help me out I would like to convert my ptg files to Tiff's, PNG or Jpegs to upload and use for textile work.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by primeau95 View Post
    I use PaintShop Pro XII and just started to use ArtRage demo tonight it seems to be pretty cool. How does one convert PTG files to PNG, jpeg etc...?

Paint Shop Pro says it doesn't recognize the files.

I also have PainterX which I haven't learned just yet not sure if I can use that either hmmm hopefully someone can help me out I would like to convert my ptg files to Tiff's, PNG or Jpegs to upload and use for textile work.

thanks
    Using the "Export as Image" instead of "Save Painting As" option should do the trick.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I did just that after I posted I found how to do it thanks for your reponse.