ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Very strange goings on

Gallery
    View images

Very strange goings on

While working on a painting a number of weird things began to happen.
    First I noticed that the painting seemed to be appearing on the background, so that when you reduced the size of the painting you began to see the painting again, back where a solid color used to be. If you moved the painting side to side, it created a streak of similar colors.
    Lastly, strange digitized stuff began to appear on the canvas when the tool was moved. I gave up around that point. Will post what I was seeing.
    if anyone has experienced this before I am curious what the deal is.
    Well when posting the drawing I do not see the issues! But they are there when working on it.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Gallery
    View images
    Sounds like you've managed to get a transparent colour in your backdrop colour. Select a colour from your colour-picker and <alt>click in the backdrop. It should fix the problem. If it doesn't, then delete your artrage.prs file from your application data/ambient design/ArtRage 2 folder.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry Andy, but I am having trouble figuring this out. I am on a Mac, and what passes for Alt click doesn't do anything. My artrage folder is just a collection of my drawings, so I do not know what or where the PRS file is. Any help appreciated. I must have done this accidentally, and hope not to do it again!

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry - <Option>click. Select a colour in the colour picker, then while holding the <Option> key down, click in the backdrop area behind the canvas.
    Your ArtRage.prs file is located in <yourname>/Library/Preferences/Ambient Design/ArtRage 2/ArtRAge.prs
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ok! Don't know why the option click decided to work ( I had been trying that)
    but suddenly it did. Thanks loads for your help Andy.