ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: image on a transparent background

image on a transparent background

hi can i create an image that is placed in a transparent background or is just the size the image so the image looks like its floating

tks

Yes you can.
    Simply go to the paper settings and move the opacity to 0
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

hi

hi - tks for your response

i tried but the backround stays white? not transparent

Hi there,

Can you give me a few more details on what you're trying to do there? If you want a transparent background, right click the background layer, go to 'Edit paper settings' and move the opacity dial to 0%. If you have done this, the background should then show a checker pattern to indicate it is transparent.

If you want to use this image in other programs, export it as a format which supports transparency, such as PNG via File --> Export as Image. If you export it as another format which doesn't support transparency, such as jpg, then the background will not be transparent.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

How are you using the image? Are you saving it in another format? Does that format support transparency? For example, PNG supports it, but BMP does not.

D.
    David Z

Got it

got it - thank you
    i was using jpeg