ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Disappearing Cursor

Disappearing Cursor

Hi guys, I'm using Art Rage 2.5 for the first time today and I'm trying to get my head around why my cursor disappears when I use any tool from the tool picker besides the pencil. For example, if I select the pencil and move the cursor onto the canvas then the cursor turns into a crosshair that I can use to draw, but with every other tool when I move the cursor to the canvas it becomes invisible. The answer's probably very simple but if anyone could help I'd be really, really grateful.

Thanks.

Yes , I've noticed something like that too. Ill wait to here the answer as well.

I suppose I've got a hell of a lot to learn as I only downloaded the full version yesterday.

SO I"ve reopened it this morning and now it seems absolutely fine with no cursor issues...maybe a bug?

I have the same problem, but doesn't happening all the time.
    I thought is from my wacom tablet but is happening when I'm using the mouse too.

I too am having this problem. My cursor disappears only when outside the canvas area (it re-appears in the canvas area and over the tools).

NB: I`m not sure if this is connected, but the problem seems to occur if/when changing the ArtRage `background` color (the background area outside of the canvas)...

Can you tell me what operating system you're using? Are you using the precise cursor ( crosshair all the time ) or the standard cursor ( crosshair for small tools, and a shape for larger tools such as an oval for the paintbrush )? You can toggle between precise cursors and standard cursors via Edit --> Preferences --> Use Precise Cursors or by pressing the C key on your keyboard.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Can you tell me what operating system you're using? Are you using the precise cursor ( crosshair all the time ) or the standard cursor ( crosshair for small tools, and a shape for larger tools such as an oval for the paintbrush )? You can toggle between precise cursors and standard cursors via Edit --> Preferences --> Use Precise Cursors or by pressing the C key on your keyboard.
    Hello Dave!
    In my case, I'm using XP SP3 and most of the time I toggle between those types of cursor.

Hi Dave!

I`m on Win XP (SP3) and toggle between precise/standard cursors...

Cheers!
    Pete Pasho

My Daily Cartoons: http://www.dollopsofirony.com/