Thread: Curser

Curser

I am enjoying using Art Rage 2.5.2 on my laptop but the curser when hovering over tool pallets displays as a single white pixel surrounded by a single black on each side... can I edit the curser to be more visible for my old eyes?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Momodot!

Is your laptop a TabletPC ( where you can draw on the screen directly )? Also, what operating system are you using and what input device do you use - mouse, or tablet? If tablet, what is the make and model of the tablet? This only happens over the tool palettes and not when over the canvas, is that correct?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hi. Thank you. I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV2500. I have an OLD Wacom 3x4 Graphire c.1999 or 2000. I have Vista Home Premium I believe as the OS and a NVIDIA video card. I can give you all the specific info if that will help. I do not have the touch screen although it seems my system came configured with that maybe since it does appear in my Control panel. The pointer only gets tiny over palettes and menu and I'll check but maybe the area around smaller canvasses.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the info! In Windows Vista we use Microsoft's Ink Services ( a method of handling tablet input ), which will cause the cursor to be a small dot when over menus specifically in ArtRage.

Try the following in order to disable the use of Ink Services in ArtRage:

Create a file called 'no_ink.inf' and place it in ArtRage's Resources subfolder

e.g. c:\program files(x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\ <-- file goes here

The type of file doesn't matter, just the filename. When you've added the file, start up ArtRage again and see if the behavior changes. You should get the default Windows arrow cursor over menus, the ArtRage cursor over the canvas.

If the crosshair cursor is too small over the canvas, go to Edit --> Preferences and check 'Magnify the precise cursor' to make it a large crosshair. You can also toggle this on and off by pressing C.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thumbs up

YES! Perfect... I am so glad I asked! Thank you also for mentioning the 'Magnify the precise cursor' also, I had not tried it.

I am very happy with my arrow curser for menus now!

I think this is the best written software I have ever had the pleasure of using

Gallery
    View images
    ... and probably the only software you'll ever find where the developers are online to answer your technical questions.