ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Spirit of Community

The Spirit of Community

The hardest part of being a part of such a tight-knit community such as this is sharing in the pain of its members. We've had so many sad stories from so many members over the past months ... and I'm so proud of the fact that so many wonderful and heartfelt messages have gone out to the members of this community who needed to hear from just one more source that their pain was understood and that their friends here were thinking of them. I'm pretty sure that there is a lot that goes on "behind the scenes" also.
    My heartfelt wish is that we never lose that spirit of community that allows us to say to each other, "I feel your pain and can commiserate."
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 01-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.

I entirely agree with you Robert, the painting activity make you lonely and more you paint more you get in that situation;
    is really very much for me to know there are a such place on Web like this where decent and friendly relations are helpful for the going on of our life.
    Thank you for that thread.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

This forum is filled with a sense of community that is truly rare and something to be cherished and nurtured. I am constantly challenged not only to be a better artist by being involved here, but challenged to be a better person as well, mostly from the examples I see in action here.
    Recently I lost internet connection for a day, and the feeling of being without this community was something I did not enjoy. It is a privelege to be part of such a fine group, thanks for being here!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

As someone on the receiving end of these good thoughts and wishes I can't tell you just how much it helped me..........just to know that people I've never physically met were concerned with my personal welfare was very helpful and humbling..............I am not part of any other community on the web so I can't pass comment on other forums...........but from all of your comments here I think this one is special.
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278