Thread: Tablet pc, no pressure sensitivity in Artrage

Gallery
    View images

Tablet pc, no pressure sensitivity in Artrage

Hi

I have a motion le1700 tablet pc. I am using wacom driver on it because Painter does not work well with vista digitizer driver I think. I can not get any pressure sensitivity in Artrage under my Vista tablet pc. Opencanvas and Painter works well but for some reason no pressure sensitivity inside Artrage.

Any ideas?

thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there!

I'd recommend first making sure you have the latest version of ArtRage on your TabletPC. The current version is 2.5.20. You can check your version by going to Help --> About ArtRage, you should see the version number in small text. Also you can select 'Check for updates online in the Help menu.

If you don't have the latest, and ArtRage came with your Motion TabletPC, contact Motion to get the update. If you purchased ArtRage separately, you can download the update via our Member Area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members

1/ Click 'Register' and follow the instructions
    2/ Log in and go to 'My Products'
    3/ Add your registration key

This problem may relate to Ink Services. Once you have the latest version, you can disable the use of Ink Services in ArtRage by placing a file called 'no_ink.inf' in ArtRage's resources folder

e.g.
    c:\program files(x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\ <-- File goes here

It doesn't matter what type of file you use, just the name. Once you've done this, start up ArtRage again and see if you have pressure again.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design