ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Basic Painting Tutorial

Basic Painting Tutorial

This is a link to a painting tutorial I made with Version 1, I am sure some of it can be applied to using Version 2.
    http://www.lotrplaza.com/PC&AaFF/Tutorials/Cym/cym1.asp
    *note, joining the plaza forum is not needed to view the tutorial
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)

WOW !

Impressive painting, and great tutorial!
    thanks for showing us !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Yup, I vote with Hanzz. Very cool tutorial.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Nice one cym! Very well laid out and educational. I'm liking this tips & tricks forum alot. I hope it keeps growing into something of an online AR manual. Very nice contribution cym.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Oh thank you! I am so pleased with all of your comments, it's made my day.
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)

I hope it keeps growing into something of an online AR manual.
    Now there's an idea, how about tool specific? Tool by tool some tips 'n Trix.
    A thread par tool, and as it grows ,you'll get that massiveAR manual...
    Pity I'm a bit low on time
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

cym, that was lovely, thank you. And to think you do this all with a trackball. Those of you who have "it" create masterpieces with whatever rudimentary tools you have at your disposal, while those of us who don't wait for the right tool to come along and turn us into artists. Har. =]

In awe,
    Gita

Hanz, I know I could use several tool tips. Just wanted to say I enjoyed your site very much, you really know how to capture people!

Gita, I think I just fake having "it" now and then. The compliments still make me feel darn good though, thanks.

wowwwwwwwwwwww! you make it so easy!!! that was great and thanks for the tutorial that really came in handy for me a i am a beginner and am just getting into art work, thank you again for that tutorial

Hi Cym,
    Just in case you look in here any time soon, I have just been through your 'basic tutorial' and absolutely loved it.

I have been using ArtRage for a couple of years but only today have I looked at the tutorials and tried out yours.

Thanks for going through it in such clear detail. I see you were using a mouse which makes it all the more amazing. I liked your method of laying down lots of paint first. It worked well.

I see you haven't posted since August. Possibly a busybee without too much time to play. So I hope you see this post!

Sophie