ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Extended Desktop for Tablet PC

Question Extended Desktop for Tablet PC

I recently added a new monitor with a resolution of 1680 x 1050 to my Tablet PC (windows XP)

I found a great tool that allows me to manipulate the extended desktop on my monitor using my digitizer pen on my laptop screen. This works great for most things like menus, program buttons, jotting down a note on "sticky notes", and all the pen functions I have tested so far. It works on a couple simple paint programs and it works on all of ArtRage2's menu functions but you can't render any strokes on the ArtRage canvas.

Any clues how to get the program to work with ArtRage2 full version?

The program is Extended Desktop for Tablet PC which is offered on the Microsoft Power Toys for Windows XP page. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d.../tabletpc.mspx

You might find that toggling on or off 'use precise tablet mode' in the Edit --> Preferences menu then restarting ArtRage may help. Check how your tablet is mapping coordinates to the screen in your tablet options and Extended Desktop if it supports that. That's the only option ArtRage has relating to getting tablet data so if that doesn't work, unfortunately I'm not sure.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for the input Dave

...but it didn't work. Interestingly enough it didn't have any effect at first until I switched the Precise Tablet Mode back on again. Then the cursor would no longer track when I hovered over the canvas but it would pick up at the menu on the other side of the canvas.

As for options on the Extended Desktop Pen function...the program is pretty slim on the options. The only options are to view the Monitor in the input window or to show a magnifier.

I'm sure I'll be able to use "Dual Display Clone" which might be better in the long run because it will use up less active memory. After all you know how graphics programs should get as much memory as you can give them especially if you are working with a huge image.

So if you don't have any more ideas then I'll move along and figure out how to tweak the whole clone monitor set up. Hehe it's nice I still learn new things every day.

Thanks again for your help!!! It's great to know you guys are there to figure this stuff out.

here's an image of the Input Window and the Options settings

It is just one of those bare bones power tools so I can't really complain. Kinda like the bare bones version of ArtRage...come to think of it that's how I discovered ArtRage in the first place
    Last edited by Kepster; 01-05-2009 at 06:13 PM.