ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: white specks from chalks

Gallery
    View images

white specks from chalks

anyone has any ideas how to remove those or at least make them less conspicuous (possibly using some other program)?

thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Gallery
    View images
    The chalk tool can be funny that way. It may depend on the grain you're using. Try using a smoother paper or canvas surface with the roughness set lower. (File/New Painting). If all else fails you could try setting the pressure higher for the spots that don't "take" the chalk so well.

Gallery
    View images
    If you are trying to clean up an existing painting, you could use the healing tool in Photoshop (or some other program). Just treat these spots as dust and follow any tutorial on cleaning up dust in photographs.

D.
    David Z

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by drzeller View Post
    If you are trying to clean up an existing painting, you could use the healing tool in Photoshop (or some other program). Just treat these spots as dust and follow any tutorial on cleaning up dust in photographs.

D.
    i'm a mac user, but i'll look into that...

Gallery
    View images

D.
    so how do you do it in lightroom 2? i see the develop mode and the treatment button, but the latter only affects the hue and i suspect that it has little to do with spot removal.

Gallery
    View images

D.
    could i perhaps send you the image to clean up? i really didn't expect chalks to look that weird. i won't use 'em again, but the image is important to me.