ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watercolor in the works?

Gallery
    View images

Question Watercolor in the works?

Does anyone know if the updated version will have watercolor tools? I heard that this was coming, and it is one of the reasons I bought the application...although I am looking forward to playing with the other media.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I can confirm ArtRage 3 will have watercolour.
    Unfortunately I can't give a release date for ArtRage 3. It'll be released when it's finished!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Man... I just went on a crazy search for the thread where I saw MattRage post that watercolours would be in the new ArtRage, only to come back and see one of the ArtRage team has beaten me to it, lol.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    MEGATON!!!
    This is the end of the World as we know it.
    (I'm happy, truly happy...)

Gallery
    View images
    Water Colors, yippee. Here is hoping it blows Moxi outta the water.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    Unfortunately I can't give a release date for ArtRage 3. It'll be released when it's finished!
    Not sure how willing you are to release the details, but will this be a new tool? I am wondering because it would be really cool to have the ability to just dab the tool in water, have it clean and wet, so turn the pencil tool into a soluble pencil tool.

You can currently do this somewhat with the oil brush by turning up the thinners 100%, loading 0%, then just adjust the pressure and size to your liking. It is not natural though. The more you try and spread it around the darker it gets.

Gallery
    View images
    Great news, curious how you'll handle it, MoXi is amazing and the right way to do watercolors, Corel Painter's Watercolor engine is a joke and the wrong way of doing watercolors, real watercolors don't blend or change color like that, a yellow brush stroke on a clean piece of paper will always be yellow not with gray or red spots, the Digital Watercolors engine in Painter is great though.

So here's hoping we'll be able to do liquid watercolors (Digital Watercolors in Painter) and regular watercolors (MoXi) because watercolors are that versatile!

Hope we can see a preview soon
    Last edited by furio; 02-08-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Love watercolors! And knowing ArtRage, they will be like the real ones! That's what attracts more, ArtRage makes real paint and the feeling of real art tools.

Could you add the real paint smell too?
    (just kidding)
    2006 Hermitage Foundation Museum 1st Place Creativity Award in mixed technique, digital and hand painting called "Red Carpet Torso".TAA Miniatures Show "Tiny Treasures of TAA"

'Creativity takes courage'
    Henri Matisse

Gallery
    View images
    I hope they'll add blending brushes and the round and fan-shapes so we can all make those 'happy trees' XD

Gallery
    View images

I wish

I wish that the cursor would look / act like the brush / tool we are using.
    Never get used to moving an X and getting color.
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.