ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can`t get a 100% white canvas...

Can`t get a 100% white canvas...

Greetings!

I can`t seem to get a 100% white canvas. In `Edit Paper Settings > Color Control` panel, all my RGB values are set to 255, but my canvas RGB values range from 248 to 254 (from bottom to top of canvas) when I test it with a screen color-picker (see attached pics). Any help would be appreciated...

NB: I`m using ArtRage 2.5.20 (FULL version) on Win XP (SP 3).

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ZoSo; 12-29-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added images...

One of the Rage Brothers will undoubtedly weigh in on this. I'm thinking that it may have to do with the way the ArtRage canvas is "illuminated". Try pressing F5 to turn off illumination.

Robert is correct - it probably relates to the lighting we apply to the canvas.
    Press <F5> to turn off the rendered lights.

In the real world there's no such thing as a white piece of paper. Even if the paper was a perfect diffuse reflector with no flaws, the colour is still determined by the lighting. You wont get a perfect light source that will give you a perfect distribution of chromatically perfect light across your perfect diffuse piece of paper.
    So in ArtRage we add some chaos to the creative process with a rendered light source across imperfect paper.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Pressing F5 indeed makes the canvas 100% white!!

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Pressing F5 indeed makes the canvas 100% white!!

PS: I`ve re-saved all my .ptg files with the light `off`, and I`m wondering if there`s a way to have the light-source turned OFF by `default`. Is this possible?

Cheers!

Hi ZoSo!

Turning the lights off doesn't save its setting, we added this as a technical feature in ArtRage 2.5 for advanced users and currently it does require to be toggled off manually. Glad to hear that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It`s so nice when you wish for a feature that already exists! Thanks Dave!

ArtRage rocks!

Cheers!