ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Test

Test

Just tried to submit my first post. It is continually rejected saying that I'm not allowed to post URLs to other sites.

But there is not a single URL in my post.

Any idea what is going on?

Cheers,

Nigel

This is the post - this forum is still insisting that it contains URLs to other sites. Can anyone point them out to me.

My daughter received a Wacom Bamboo Tablet as a Christmas present.

I have just tried to install the ArtRage 2.5 software and am encountering a problem.

The installation appears to complete successfully, certainly go errors or problems reported.

But when I try and run it I get the following error message

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
    I have tried reinstalling several times but in each case the result has been the same.

She is running Windows XP Professional.

I have tried installing on my PC and it is successful but won't run because the tablet is not present on my computer. So it's not a problem with the CD. Wondering whether there are any re-requisites that are needed (java, .net etc).

Any ideas what the problem can be?

Cheers,

Nigel

I'm not sure about the URL problem, but we should be able to help with the application problem.

That error is usually solved by updating to the latest version of the product. The version on the Bamboo CD is one behind the current. If you go to the download page at http://www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html you can get a download link to the latest version, that should solve the problem.

If you prefer, you can register an account at the member area (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members) and register your ArtRage key to that account, which will allow you to download the latest version directly. The member area is still in testing but it should work for you.

If that doesn't help, let us know and we can look in to it further. You should be installing ArtRage 2.5.20 when you have the new installer.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Also...

If you are trying to post one of your artworks... you need to bring up the manage attachments panel in order to post artwork.
    To post an image:

click on the new thread button>
    choose a title for your post

scroll down the page to the three boxes under additional options then
    choose manage attachments then click on browse to choose an image off your computer. Then click on upload. Make sure the pic meets the required size and format specs. That should do it.

You can also use image tags around a url location of a picture you have posted somewhere else on the web like at photobucket or picassa web etc. However, I believe there is a ten post minimum
    before allowing the posting of external links. This is just a safeguard to cope with spammers who only want to post external links.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 12-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.

The url problem is most likely due to .net being in the post. Sorry for the inconvenience, we've had to put this in place along with a few other measures to limit the amount of people signing up to spam forum users with unwanted advertising.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design