Thread: art rage beginner needs help

Gallery
    View images

art rage beginner needs help

Im a beginner with artrage and this is my second painting...Can anyone please give me suggestion on painting sky in artrage and also pls help as to how to make the sea look more original.....thanks in advance..please feel free to provide any tips that could have improved this painting...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	an evening at the beach.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	23288  

Gallery
    View images
    I think that is a gorgeous sky and a gorgeous painting. jmo.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Hala, Hello! can't improve on Paradise, that is just beautiful, great beginning, have fun here

Gallery
    View images
    I think the painting is really nice ( particularly for your 2nd!). I predict you will be doing some absolute killer work soon at this rate.
    If I was to quibble on details on this one, the one thing that catches my eye is the
    horizon line of the ocean is not level-around the area where the little tank (?)
    is. You can use the ruler in the stencil function to get a straight line. and then I would suggest the little tank to sit a little above the horizon line instead of on it.
    Hope that helps, and looking forward to seeing more works soon!

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful sky, beautiful painting.

Gallery
    View images
    thanks everyone...and special thanks to rob in denver for your suggestions..I ll definitely use the ruler for staright lines..(i dint know there was a ruler on artrage,,)..thanks again

Gallery
    View images

Critique

Frankly, I thought that you did an excellent job -- good colour choice, terrific detail and a good use of perspective.

The only thing (other than Rob's quibble) which caught my attention as a potential area of improvement is in the top left hand corner. For most of the painting you used a horizontal stroke for the background, which really helps when creating a horizon effect. But in the top left, the strokes started becoming a bit more vertical and instead of creating a 3d effect some of the perspective got lost.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.

Gallery
    View images
    Hala,
    This is magnificent. I think your sky is great and powerful. Keep at it. I look forward to seeing more of your work.