Thread: Rose Turotial help

Gallery
    View images

Rose Turotial help

Hi Im new - so new here LOL, I bought a Bamboo Fun Tablet a few days ago and this beautiful software came with it . BUT I went to the ArtRage.com and there to tutorials and printed out the first tutorial, about a blue moon rose, and did the drawing of the rose, that whent ok, but when I was suposed to color it, the problem started....so now I hope that someone here can help me continu with my learning..... drawing fine. next step to paint and I did like it said in the tutorial, but can not see thrugh the painting even though I made a new layer on top of the drawing (like I was told to do) can someone help me continu .......................

Thanks
    Tora
    Tora

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Tora,

welcome to the forums. As far as I got what you meant, you managed to import the rose as a tracing image and made your pencil drawings on a new layer. Then you added another new layer on top of that and painted on that, but the pencil drawings disappears if you paint on the new layer 3. But if you did it that way you made a little mistake. The tutorial wants you to change the paper settings of layer 1 ( the background ) and while it is selected ( green border around the layer in the layer menu) you can push the "add layer" button. Then you get a new layer between the background and your pencil drawing. So the new added coloring layer is the second one now and the pencil drawing becomes the third layer. And if you paint on that layer 2 the coloring is placed underneath the pencil drawing. To make the program select the correct colors, make sure that you switch to the mode "Choose Colors from tracing image" as told on the bottom of page 7.
    Hope that makes sense and I hope I understand your problem. Good luck and have fun.

Another small tip that might be helpful, you can drag and drop layers and change their order if you click and hold a layer in the layer menu with the left mouse button and move it up or down. That way you can assure that the pencil drawing is the layer on top.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Belvrog View Post
    Hi Tora,

welcome to the forums. As far as I got what you meant, you managed to import the rose as a tracing image and made your pencil drawings on a new layer. Then you added another new layer on top of that and painted on that, but the pencil drawings disappears if you paint on the new layer 3. But if you did it that way you made a little mistake. The tutorial wants you to change the paper settings of layer 1 ( the background ) and while it is selected ( green border around the layer in the layer menu) you can push the "add layer" button. Then you get a new layer between the background and your pencil drawing. So the new added coloring layer is the second one now and the pencil drawing becomes the third layer. And if you paint on that layer 2 the coloring is placed underneath the pencil drawing. To make the program select the correct colors, make sure that you switch to the mode "Choose Colors from tracing image" as told on the bottom of page 7.
    Hope that makes sense and I hope I understand your problem. Good luck and have fun.

Another small tip that might be helpful, you can drag and drop layers and change their order if you click and hold a layer in the layer menu with the left mouse button and move it up or down. That way you can assure that the pencil drawing is the layer on top.
    Thank you Belvrog, you did understand my problem and Im going to try it again and see what happens. by for now
    Tora