ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Full Edition vs. Deluxe Edition?

Gallery
    View images

Full Edition vs. Deluxe Edition?

I am new to ArtRage and would like to purchase it however I would like your opinion on rather you prefer the Deluxe Edition or the Full Edition. Is the deluxe worth the extra 10+shipping and waiting for the DVDs to come?

Gallery
    View images
    Well it basically boils down to whether one wants a physical copy of the purchased product and have an affinity for following tutorials that helps familiarize one with the program. For some people, it's not a big deal to create a CD backup themselves, while later searching for help online for ways to learn what the program really has to offer. Others find it more appealing to have everything they need to get a good start straight out of the package. It's really just personal taste.

Also, if one were buying the program as a gift, it might be nice for them to receive a packaged gift, rather then a download address, in which case having the little extras would be a nice expression.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    In either case, the Art Rage program you'll end up with will be the same.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the input. I was purchasing it for myself. I think I will go with the downloadable Full Edition!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there!

We have a comparison here which may also be helpful - http://www.artrage.com/artragecompare.html

As Someonesane mentioned, the difference is the additional content on the Deluxe CD, the software itself is the same version and has the same features, so you will have the Full Edition of ArtRage 2.5.20 whichever you purchase.

If you're new to Artrage I'd recommend taking a look at our tutorials page at www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html as we have a few items there which can help get you started. I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Since I just bought the Deluxe Edition of Artrage today and was asking myself the same question before, if the additional content of the Deluxe Version is worth the extra money I will add my opinion here:

IMHO you can save the extra money, buy the plus version and spend the money on some good artist reference books. The tutorials on the CD are mediocre. The tutorials here on the website are better in quality. You will find some videos on the CD, which are screenrecordings of people painting in Artrage. But without any talk. I think you will find stuff like that on the web easily.