Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Book illustration

Awesome illustration. I especially love the tree texture.

Thanks very much orbital, much appreciated. I enjoyed doing the tree most
    Boxy

awesome! reminds me of one of those old fairy tale books - not the childish ones, but the really old ones with the really in-depth and captivating illustrations. if I could find them, I'd still look through some of my old books just to see the great graphics...or I could wait for you to release another illustration.

Thanks Berky. I'm chuffed you said that, I love all those old fairytale books. Awesome stuff by the likes of Rackham and Dulac etc. Then my favourite illustrated books as a child were the classic ladybird series illustrated by Robert Lumley - The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Elves and The Shoemaker, The Three Little Pigs and who could forget his seminal work, The Enormous Turnip

This is wonderful work, you are a very talented artist.
    Last edited by sally packham; 04-11-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: miss written
    sally

i would have loved to do book illustration like You and Nickillus, this is magical and takes me away ...like a picture should do!!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Absolutely wonderful
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Thanks both. But Enchanter, I too wish i could do book illustrations like Nickillus. Now there's real professional illustration for you!!
    I love your comment though because that magic transportation is indeed what I look for in pictures - I always get that with Nick's work
    Cheers for stopping by.
    Boxy

10. I will def buy the book

Vlad;
    Murphy's Art Law #1,
    If you like it, the teacher won't!

My Time Lapse Videos

http://www.youtube.com/einstienear