Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Book illustration

Book illustration

Hello
    I wrote a little story to practice some illustration and here is the first draft of the front/back cover. Thoroughly enjoyed doing it though I'm sure I'll still tweak!
    Thanks
    Boxy

Wow! I didn't know you have posted the final one here already. It's very attractive on book cover IMHO because as I said in WIP. There is a very good message within it that will draw both children and parents to pick this story book. Is that mean you will post more paintings of this story? Really want to know what is the story about. Again, great work on this.

This is a fantastic illustration. It really lets your imagination run wild. Extremely well done.

Boxy, I have been watching the progress of this with great anticipation and now seeing it finished WOW IT'S SUPER. Well done and great job.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great work

Very good work

Thank you very much everyone.
    Pai I might just keep the story under wraps for now in case it actually turns out good enough to actually send to a literary agent (ha, wishful thinking, what a nice thing that would be to do for a living!). Its nothing devastatingly good or new but you never know. The little badger cub is at the centre of the story as are his dad and the owl obviously.
    I do hope to post more images as I loved getting the feedback from you all. There will be another 16 of these double page spreads to do, so a long way to go!
    Thanks
    Boxy

Wow. And more wow on top of that. Killer work!

Thanks Rob!
    What the hell, here's a sneak peek at the first verse

Wow Boxy! This really turned out beautifully! I seen the work in progress and knew the final version would be amazing.
    ~Expectations are pre-meditated resentments~

~If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them~

Perfect...I hope you have great success. This is interesting, I always wondered how these things were done. Please keep up posted. If the book goes on sale I'll buy one for sure...