ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: flower power .....wip

flower power .....wip

just trying various flowery type scenarios ......for your view pleasure .....or not as the case may be ..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_pink_robots_668.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	2317  

mmn very nice....lovely colours and soft treatment on the petals.....dont quite get how pink robots come into it

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Ambitious!

Very good job!

Your teeth must still be bad cause you had time to do this too and musta stayed home.

I'd make a comment about it being like pulling teeth, but clearly it's not. :lol:

No such problem to get you painting.

That's fantastic. Quite a profusion of flowers - I like the spindly twisted sticks in the foreground vase. All excellent stuff.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Actually Andy points out an interesting area of the picture.

You have some good lighting behind the dark squiggly plant.

I like how you're isolating the light, making it much more eye catching as a way to get me to look there. You're both raising the intensity of the colors as well as lighting it brighter. And it works really well.

Ordinarily, having a long and narrow vertical foreground over a long and narrow vertical element through thar lattice look into the background could be confusing and could be an off-putting tangle.

But you have found a way to make that difficult passage stay clear and separated in a feat of using pattern recognition devices.

The contrast in the values really makes them both read on separate planes. That could have been a very confusing area of the painting owing to all the activity. But you made it work.

You bent it to your will. You had your way with it, and with the audience.

THATS THE STUFF!!!

selby .....most of the piccies i post have silly titles ........i cant be bothered typing late at night so i copy and paste any text on my desktop and name the picture thus..........very lazy..........only on later inspection do i rename properly ............the text is from the flaming lips album yoshimi battles the pink robots album .......(if you check back most are named incorrectly...........
    d akey ......as a;lways a thourgh ..comment from yourself ...wasnt too sure about the right hand side of the painting..........the left side has a lot more time and effort spent on it ........may do more work not sure yet .....
    andy thanks for comment ..........i added the front vase late on .......due to the emptiness of the right side .......actuall ylooked at a picture of asters and lillies for a bit of detail .........for a change .....i never normally refrence anything but flowers seem to need it me thinks...........

Reply Speggie.....

Speggie... this is a little out of your normal style.........Had a liuttle more time to spare????/.......Nice to see more than two colours nice to see so many objects.....If you were a lazy painter you could have gone in closer and just painted one vase....hee-hee.... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

hi jack ..........you will never believe it decided to buy one of those new fangled colour monitors ...............instead of my old black and white set..........AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................only joking ...thought you would like a change of pallette ..............it may remain who knows or dares to think ........keep yer one eye on the forum you old seadog ya