ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help!

Gallery
    View images

Unhappy Help!

Hi,

This is my first post. I am new to art rage and not very good at art, so all help is much appreciated. I'm going through Brumble's awesome fur tutorial

(I am not able to post the actual URL, but you can click the picture of the tiger from the artrage homepage)

and I'm having less than stellar results. I'm on the 1st step where she has used some blocking and a dry brush, but my image has not taken on much form.

I wonder, how does she get so much blending around the edges of her first image just using the two brushes she mentioned? She has these nice trailing whisps everywhere.

I've set my brushes to match what she specifies, but all I can get are giant blocky icecicles.

Any and all help much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigerie.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	288.4 KB 
ID:	22941  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi rerrett,

Not sure if this post is still relevant to you..

Could you be using a mouse to paint ? I think the fine wisps are possible with a drawing tablet (e.g. Wacom). However, you can adjust the brush sizes manually when drawing with a mouse.

HTH
    Rax

Gallery
    View images
    I would block in the shapes and colors first and then do the directional detailing after with smaller brushes. As with real paint or digital paint -- details last.