Thread: Intuos 3 questions

Gallery
    View images

Intuos 3 questions

Hi,

I got a new Intuos 3 tablett. It comes with different pencil tips.

Are there any recommendations which tip to use for which kind
    of drawing or ArtRage drawing tool?

In the tablett driver setting I saw that I can set different values for different
    programs. Do I have to create a setting set for ArtRage to get gradient support etc. ?

Regards.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi & welcome

First of all: You've done a good choice...

Well about the wacom tips...i mostly use the "default" white ones... they're hard...but smooth and react well to fast movements. I think you should just try out all of them and choose the one you like the most...it depends also on your drawing style (short or long movements, always pressed or just slight strokes)....

They default settingsworks very well with artrage... and i don't understand what you mean with "gradient control"... pressure or angle control?

Kannst mich auch auf Deutsch fragen, mein Englisch ist eben auch nicht das Beste

Greetz aus der Schweiz

Maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    The Intuos 3 is great! I´ve never tried any other tip other than the standard/default one. It seems to work fine. As far as setting up a profile to work with ArtRage, I never did anything other than install the tablet and start painting.

(One thing that has happened to me a few times: the zoom feature starts going crazy and moves from 0 to 800 and back without touching anything. That makes it impossible to use AR, and generally any other program. If that happens, unplug your tablet, go to the Wacom site and download and install the latest driver. Plug the tablet back in and do a restart. It always fixes the problem.)

Have fun!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    If you have any problems with pressure support, let us know and we'll be happy to help. You can either email me at support@ambientdesign.com or post in the Technical Support forum.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by maror View Post
    Hi & welcome

First of all: You've done a good choice...

Well about the wacom tips...i mostly use the "default" white ones... they're hard...but smooth and react well to fast movements. I think you should just try out all of them and choose the one you like the most...it depends also on your drawing style (short or long movements, always pressed or just slight strokes)....

They default settingsworks very well with artrage... and i don't understand what you mean with "gradient control"... pressure or angle control?

Kannst mich auch auf Deutsch fragen, mein Englisch ist eben auch nicht das Beste

Greetz aus der Schweiz

Maror
    Ich wollte nur wissen, ob man beim Treiber was extra einstellen muß, damit die Stiftneigung auch funktioniert, weil man z.B. bei Photoshop
    noch was extra einstellen muß. Aber scheinbar muß man das bei ArtRage nicht. Die Stiftneigung funktioniert. Bin jetzt gerade dabei das Handbuch
    noch mal durchzuarbeiten.

Mein Englisch beziehe ich auch nur aus: http://dict.leo.org/ende?lang=de&lp=ende&search=

Ein Extra-Setting für ArtRage muß man wohl nur anlegen, wenn man die Funktionstasten anders belegen will.

Danke für die Antwort, Tschüssi!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    If you have any problems with pressure support, let us know and we'll be happy to help. You can either email me at support@ambientdesign.com or post in the Technical Support forum.

Hi,

no, it works all perfect, even the zooming. I was just irritated because Photoshop does not work so well with some tablets and you have to create some special brush settings for it. So I was wondering if this would be necessary for ArtRage too. But in the meantime I found out, it is not necessary. ArtRage worked very well with the Intuos 3 quite from the beginning.

Clear now?

Regards.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    The Intuos 3 is great! I´ve never tried any other tip other than the standard/default one. It seems to work fine. As far as setting up a profile to work with ArtRage, I never did anything other than install the tablet and start painting.

(One thing that has happened to me a few times: the zoom feature starts going crazy and moves from 0 to 800 and back without touching anything. That makes it impossible to use AR, and generally any other program. If that happens, unplug your tablet, go to the Wacom site and download and install the latest driver. Plug the tablet back in and do a restart. It always fixes the problem.)

Have fun!
    Have you tried a driver update?

On the other hand trackpad problems remember me of (to, at?) the beginning time of trackpads. Apple had a lot of trouble with them.
    But in the meantime they are fixed.

So I hope possible problems were already fixed by Wacom in the new Wide Special Edition.

Regards.