Thread: More Palette Stuff - for the Newbies

Gallery
    View images

More Palette Stuff - for the Newbies

I feel like everybody knows this but me, cause I just found this palette feature. It explains why nobody other than Enchanter commented about my other tip about the palette. I hand't understood the full possibilities.

I'm particularly pleased by this discovery.

Color couldn't be more automatic now.

For a palette one can load something neutral into the pie wedge shape ( see the the blocky palette example which is just a picture of a color chart; or the other example which is simply my avatar -- an image type picture.

And you can select from your new palette just as easily as the default color spectrum (regardless of what you load into it). And anything you load into it becoms a bottomless dipping pot of paint, always clean as new.

Not only that, once you have picked a color, you can adjust it up or down the value/saturation spectrum (just to the right), or you can full out adjust the selected color any way you please by using the Numeric Color Picker (try clicking the little triangle below the palette to see it).

And doing any adjustment this way does not affect your original palette. Just the color on your brush.

So there's no need to mix a color ever again if you don't want to. You can catalogue palettes for day, night, firelight, sunset, whatever. Just find a picture that has the colors you want for your new painting and load it.

Great work, all you Rages!

A little unsettling to the old scool artist in me, but a great advancement for aspiring artists to be sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture_4_315.jpg 
Views:	1207 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	2308  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture_2_465.jpg 
Views:	1010 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	2309  

Gallery
    View images
    Following up on the last post --

An easier way to get to the Numeric Color Picker (labled 'Color Control' on the pop up) is to simply click within the small semi-circle with the active color in the most extreme lower right corner of the screen. Easier when you're painting.

Like so many programs there's several wys to do the same thing in ArtRage.

And I'm using a Mac. I assume the PC version does it the same way, but I'm not sure.

Back to painting. . .

Gallery
    View images
    Wow! I didn't realize this either.

This is terrific - Thanks so much for posting this tip.

Kind Regards,
    Jeri

Gallery
    View images
    howd u do that?

Gallery
    View images
    It is good of D Akey to be so giving in this way. I would like to add to it by pointing to an older thread that offers info on this topic.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...opic.php?t=484
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    thank you.....what a handy tool