Thread: Suggestion for next version or update / patch

Gallery
    View images

Suggestion for next version or update / patch

I would like to have the ability to save a layer -- as a layer -- and bring it into future works. Perhaps this is possible now and, being a newbee I just am not aware of it.

Also, I would like to have a color mixer similar to the one in Painter Essentials 4 ( hope it isn't a sin to mention another product ). And the ability to save a custom mixed color. Ex. If I get a color that is perfect for dirt or rocks it would be nice to be able to load a pallet with that color instead of trying to remember just how I got it like that.

Gallery
    View images
    If you right click on the layer you wish to save for later use and select Export Layer, you'll have the option to save just the layer by itself. Saving it as PNG file will allow you to save it with a transparent background, so when you bring it back in (using Import Image to Layer) it will retain any transparency it may have had.

As for saving colors you like this video is a quick tutorial I made for someone, which covers the different ways to create and select color pallets for ArtRage. The Color Sample Panel would probably be the best/easiest option for you. Select Tools > Show Color Samples Panel or hit the "S" key on your keyboard to bring up the panel. You can then load in a saved, downloaded or default color sample sheet to use, or you can begin creating a new one by select a color from your painting (Alt + Left click) and clicking on the New tab at the bottom of the Color Sample Panel (it'll give you the option to label the colors as well).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images

Thank you

Thank you ... that will take care of the problems very nicely.

I always learn something when I come to the forums