Thread: doubts

Gallery
    View images

Talking doubts

I'm a Biotechnology studient, I never took art classes but im seriously thiniking start the art school the next year...though I still have many doubts, coz I always saw the art like a hobbie in my life...so, a personal question...looking at my gallery, it is worthwhile to study art?, and it's necessary some kind of personality to be an art studient?, coz I allways thought doesn't have the "proper" personality
    Last edited by Macbe; 11-30-2008 at 04:04 AM.
    I'm sorry for my English...coz...I don't speak english
    "La vida es un momento entre dos eternidades"

Gallery
    View images
    I just refreshed my memory by going to your gallery. You've done some excellent work. Far be it for anyone in the world to tell you where your life's direction lies. The fact that you ask the question tells me that there is a creative being inside you who wants to be recognized. Having said that, it does not mean that you have to abandon any other field of interest in order to enjoy your artistic side.
    It's always worthwhile to "study art". Art is a very human endeavor and has been since we lived in caves and hunted with wooden spears.
    You're still young and in your life you may change directions many times. Never be afraid to try something new ... you will always bring something from that into your next endeavor that will enrich it somehow.
    I think that most questions are statements in disguise, so for you to have asked the question means that you know the answer and are looking for confirmation. The only advice I'll give you is to follow your heart.

Acabo de refrescado mi memoria va a su galería. Usted ha hecho un trabajo excelente. No es para nadie en el mundo que te diga que tu vida la dirección de mentiras. El hecho de que usted formular la pregunta me dice que hay un ser creativo dentro de ti que quiere ser reconocido. Dicho esto, no significa que usted tiene que abandonar en cualquier otra esfera de interés con el fin de disfrutar de su lado artístico.
    Es siempre vale la pena "estudiar arte". El arte es una actividad humana muy y ha sido desde que vivían en cuevas y cazaban con lanzas de madera.
    Eres todavía joven y en su vida puede cambiar de dirección muchas veces. Nunca tenga miedo de intentar algo nuevo ... siempre llevar algo de que en su próxima tarea que se enriquecen de alguna manera.
    Creo que la mayoría de las preguntas son declaraciones en el encubrimiento, por lo que para usted han solicitado a la pregunta significa que usted sabe la respuesta y están buscando para su confirmación. El único consejo que le darán es que siga su corazón.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you So much RobertSWade, you are absolutely right, and maybe I should not ask this here, but your words are of help to me. And don't worry, I will not leave my current career, I hope to finish soon, and I will try with the school of arts...Anything can happen...
    Ah!, and thanks to try with the spanish (like I try with the english)

Gallery
    View images
    Your English is much better than my Spanish. I had to use the Google translator tool.
    I think your decision is good ... to finish your education first and then explore your options in pursuing your art. Making a living at art is not easy and it never hurts to have a "day job". You have the rest of your life to explore your inner artist. But in the mean time you have to eat.
    Whatever you decide to do in or with your life, never forget that the most important thing is to be happy.

Gallery
    View images
    macbe,

Entiendo bien tu pregunta/preocupación. Los artes son buenos, pero normalmente es difícil vivir con el arte solo (hablo de cualquier forma: plástico, música, etc.). Quería ser músico y pagué mis gastos en la uni tocando los teclados. En este entonces parecía un montón de plata. Ahora no podría pagar la mitad de mis deberes con este sumo.

En los ´80, había un grupo de músicos más que talentosos que grabaron algunos discos y vivieron un poco de éxito por un rato. Pero lo más gracioso fue el nombre de la banda: "Don´t give up your day job."

Bueno, suerte con tu decisión y suerte con tu vida!

[I understand your question/concern. The arts are great, but normally it´s hard to live by art alone (I speak of art, music, etc.). I wanted to be a musician and I paid all of my expenses playing the keyboards while studying at the university. At that time, it seemed like a lot of money. Now it wouldn´t cover half my expenses.

In the 80´s there was a group of very talented musicians who recorded a few albums and were successful for a time. The funniest thing about them was the name of their band: "Don´t give up your day job."

Good luck with your decision and your life!]
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Muchas Gracias Scott! ,y es cierto, para vivir del arte hay que tener la suerte que tiene uno en un millón...

Thank you so much Scott!, and it's truth, to live from art we need to have the lucke of one in a millon...

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade View Post
    Your English is much better than my Spanish. I had to use the Google translator tool.
    I think your decision is good ... to finish your education first and then explore your options in pursuing your art. Making a living at art is not easy and it never hurts to have a "day job". You have the rest of your life to explore your inner artist. But in the mean time you have to eat.
    Whatever you decide to do in or with your life, never forget that the most important thing is to be happy.
    Thanks again Robert for your words, Im sure about that.