Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project (Update)

Coming along nicely Boxy, but I liked the little fat pixie sitting down, better
    then the bricks that's just my opinion, love your blackberries. Look forward to the next stage.
    Followed your link you've done some lovely paintings.
    But the oil painting of the cat is beautiful. I just love the cat family large and small, beautiful creatures.

Thanks Sandy.
    I know what you mean, I didn't really want to take him out but wasn't happy with the position. I'm also wondering if I should axe the big ogre. Its all symptomatic of my indecision with that corner which also explains why I haven't touched it yet - that and time. I want to get some ruined stonework in somewhere because of its links with the story so I may have to persist with that, though perhaps not as is - maybe I could sit the little fat elf on the wall or something.
    Here's another update - I was just messing with the background but kind of really like the mood of this so the blue hasn't been switched off yet.
    As you can guess this image is evolving rather than planned!
    Thanks for looking
    Boxy

I like very much how it turns out, evry budy expect to see the little one to come out from the imagination.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

It just keeps getting better...Excellent...!!

I like the blue Boxy but where's squirrel gone.
    The Big Ogre, I don't like how he's looking at the badgers, I don't know the story so I don't know how important he is, you could do a bigger bit of ruins and put the owl sitting on that if you can move him, or a few bats, if you wanted to axe the Ogre, but I wouldn't lose the blackberries, you always get blackberries in the forest.
    That Badger is really done well, you must get great enjoyment creating work like this, we all enjoy viewing it. Looking forward to what's going to be done next.

Fantastic development since last I check in.

Thanks everyone.
    SandyG - the squirrel is cut I might put him running up the trunk later but he was just squashed between the sub title and edge of the page which was bugging me.
    The Ogre is supposed to be looking on aggressively if that is what you mean. All of the characters save the badgers and owl are bad!
    I'm loving it but there is this curious thing which is very frustrating - unless I have a deadline to follow the darned things take me ages!

To address comments I forgot to address, thanks for following the link. That cat lives up the road and has the most incredibly blue eyes I ever saw. There's a few paintings worth in it. Oddly enough I'm not really a cat person but even I acknowledge this one is something special.

Right now I'm laying some fallen leaf textures on the ground to work in. I just don't have the time to paint them from scratch and after all, for me the great advantage of digital painting is that it saves time

Thanks
    Boxy
    Last edited by Boxy; 12-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Hello
    Another update. I'm hoping I finally got the little fellow sussed, except I just realised he needs a tail. I think that left hand corner is just going to be the bramble bush with maybe a hint of stonework underneath, but not much. The ogre will probably stay.
    Thanks for looking.
    boxy

Dear Boxy, i imagine you are a professional illustrater, such fantastic fantasy work! so wonderfully well done! like those "I Spy" books, so many things to look for, going to be great!!!

Thank you for kind comments Lee. The I Spy books were exactly what I had in mind initially - although I have been taking things out!
    Boxy