ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: artrage animation

artrage animation

If it happens that an animation feature appears please have it import avi, mov and sequential jpegs.
    You'll know when you get there!

Various tools already output numbered sequence of images from pretty much any video source, so loading video smells a bit unnecessary.

And in animation source material already is numbered image sequences (tga, tiff, exr, png) as they are lossless formats. Using lossy formats leads is way to destruction.

Has there been any talk about support for animation?

Edited for stupidity..

Quote Originally Posted by hevonen
    Has there been any talk about support for animation?
    I think it's been discussed as a pie-in-the-sky, "Wouldn't it be great if ..." idea, that either ArtRage would do animation, or a sister program (AnimRage?) would be written that gave the same sensibility to animation that ArtRage gives to drawing and painting.

For now, though, I'm sure the guys are too busy with a Universal version and various other features and bug fixes to devote much thought to such a wondrous thing.

yeah, definitely a pie-in-the-sky for AR; the fact is it could already be used for animation as it is, what with the PSD export which can be proofed and edited in other programs such as Imageready and possibly Mirage. Though, AR could be used to make gorgeous digital backgrounds :wink:

AniRage... that would be awesome though, I suppose it'd be like an old-fashioned traditional studio, only digital

I have visions of many onionskin overlays, hand-painted cels, coupled with 2d translations, a competent 'bones' system for morphable characters, as well as other goodies.
    I'm starting to drool into my keyboard - I should have a bit of a lie-down.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Lordy, now you went'n'give him the vapors.
    Shooooot.

That's it Andy! :lol:

I agree with ingie01: add MOV and AVI import.
    Sure, you can export an image sequence (in yet another folder), import the images, correctly sequence them (1 frame per image, or 2, etc.).
    But it's a heck of a lot easier to just drop a MOV file in the timeline.

Artrage animation... that would be such a dream tool! :roll:
    de l'art ou du cochon

Mac OS X 10.6.1-iMac Core2 Duo 4Go-Wacom intuos2 612-2

Is there any news about Artrage going AnimRage, is it under development or is it just an idea?...I'm just curious.