ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Forgetful about UNC paths?

Gallery
    View images

Forgetful about UNC paths?

When opening an image from a local drive, ArtRage remembers the file location. Ctrl-S (File/Save) saves the work in progress file, overwriting the previous version. Good.

When opening a file through a UNC path, e.g. \\myserver\users\priceless\artrage\xyz.ptg, ArtRage forgets the file location. I must save via Save As... and confirm that I want to overwrite the previous version.

Not a drama, but pretty annoying. I do of course hold all my data on a networked server, so that I can access it from all machines. I haven't tried if mapped drives change things - I hate mapped drives; these are things from the past century.

Just thought I make you guys aware of this, given that you are keen to make AR3 the best AR ever.... Thanks for listening.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Gallery
    View images
    I am not entirely sure there's any code to specifically remember the location, as far as I remember the OS handles that for us, but I'll make a note to look in to this for the next revision in case there's something I can do.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    That's great, thanks!
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.