ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ..the best

Gallery
    View images

..the best

i were surfing on conceptart.org and found this...holy s***:
    link to concept art (i feel my guilty to link to another forum :twisted: )

when i see such pieces of art i always ask me were do that people learn that...is this just talent or excercinig over years?

What means the community?

greez

[/url]
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    Wow indeed!

First off, the design is inspired, by anybody's standards.

I've found that a lot of that skill comes from looking and looking and looking at all the existing work one can. And then my guess is that this guy paints all the time.

He really likes characters, though at his skill level, he could probably paint anything in this style he wants -- humans, dogs, insects, cars. . .

He probably got this good by studying illustrators like Michael Whelan for picture making with color and composition, Olivia and some others for detailing figures and fabrics, and texture, and just how many or few marks it takse to effectively pull off something like an eye, or hair. Amd lets not forget a brief nod to medical illustrators for detailing organic surfaces and hair and so forth. And now also some of the better 3d characters.

This work not only compares favorably with any of their work, it may in fact be even better because it has benefitted from the 'greatest hits' of several really good artists and genres.

Now he will be the one who people will learn from. And people will emulate him.

One acquires these skills from very close emulation first, and then stretching.

If you want to do this type of work, chunk it down. Try the eyes first, the mouth, and then a head, then bckgrounds, etc. Learn what it takes to make an eye glisten. And then you can distort shapes, but by using the same tricks, you can probably do it convincingly.

I would even suggest putting that image into a paint program and copying it precisely on layers, flipping between them. It will show you what to do. Then keep looking and painting.

Fun.

Gallery
    View images
    Holy bejeezes! You look at the first one and say "what a lovely queen," then you scroll down and start having nightmares!

:shock:

D.

Gallery
    View images
    yes thats right.... evil!
    M.Siegrist

XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    oh wow!......hope to be at that level one day!

I buy the magazine he painted the picture for every month, hes ( John Kearney) is one of my favourite artists, he does monster flesh very very well!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    and he's 27 and has 11 childern :shock: :shock:
    how did he that :P
    M.Siegrist

XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    He probably lives where being an artist is considered sexy, and being a good artist is. . . well. . . there ya go. . . 11 kids at 27.

I wonder if that is a before and after pic of his wife. A little overwhelmed, perhaps?

Lads, take notes!

Gallery
    View images
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

Gallery
    View images
    Incredible!

I think I've been out of the loop too long.

So it seems there's a whole bunch of people who are painting that way in that genre. Looks like the computer is finally coming into its potential for 2D art.

Think I'm going to spend some time following around some of these links you folks have been putting up.

Oh, just an fyi, there was at least one very good 'how-to' there.

Gallery
    View images
    wow those people are just amazing! we'll have to compete with them! we should! and we must win! wahah wahah wahahha GO ARTRAGE!

*runs away crying like a sissy!*

cheers!