sure what to do with it or where to go to make it a
    much better piece:

(be gentle, I'm new)

Name:  halo copy.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  89.5 KB

Gallery
    View images
    Doodles almost never work out for me; I will have the completed picture in my mind before I start struggling to paint it. When not sure what to do with a sketch, I file it under thoughts and Ideas, and move on.
    That's just me, of course.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Gallery
    View images
    ShrunkenDesigner. I really like the image. It looks like it could be a magazine cover or book cover. It makes me think of a lot of questions about the image. If I were to change anything at this point I would remove the halo thing. Keep up the cool work.

Radar

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Shrunken, well, i sort of feel some kind of humor or joke,, maybe something like 'it's too late to enjoy life if you're 'pushing up daisies', nicely painted though

Like the mystery, though I'm longing to see more detail in the shadows.

Smile

Wow, thanks guys. You have all given me some food for thought.
    I think I'll work on the shadows some more cause I could add some
    interesting little details in there.

You have all been helpful!

Gallery
    View images
    I don't think it needs more detail so much as just brightening up the detail that is there ever so slightly, just to make it more visible. And I would not scrap the idea of the halo, but maybe work it differently so that it is more subtle. Very good basic work, just needs slight tweaking!
    Rule #1: When all else fails, look directly in front of your face. -NuoVo

My website www.rapskullions.com

I like it the way it is. However, if you wanted to add some lowlights to the bottom part of the painting to depict something going on there, it might make it better. I guess it would depend on what you decide to add lowlights to!
    Crazy in Wisconsin

I moved the piece into Photoshop now as I know what I want to do with it. Thanks to all who have shown an interest in my piece. I will post it up when its finished in the main gallery, even though I know it isn't entirely Artraged up.