Thread: Weird knife behavior on free version

Gallery
    View images

Weird knife behavior on free version

I put the free version of ArtRage on my work computer so I can doodle as stress relief on my breaks. I have the full version at home, so it's been a while since I've used the free version.

One of my first doodles, though, I noticed a strange behavior. I laid down a flat color of red with the brush, and then added some darker to blend with the knife. However, when I started blending, I received weird light gray colors. I know people have commented on color mixing not being what they expect occasionally...So, as a test, I undid everything back to the flat wash of the original red and ran the knife over that...I still got the light grey color. (Well, to be honest, it's more light pink than the first one was.)

I don't remember having this happen with my full version at home. Is this normal?

A screen shot is attached and I have it in ptg format as well.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funkyness.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	456.6 KB 
ID:	22334  

Gallery
    View images
    It is possible with the palette knife especially when the media is thin to 'scrape' away the media and end up with a lighter look as the canvas beneath is partially exposed. That looks to me to be most likely what has happened here, but if unsure, you're welcome to send me the ptg to support@ambientdesign.com and I can take a look at it for you to confirm.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design