ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Why does it crop when printing?

Gallery
    View images

Why does it crop when printing?

Hello I,ve just started to use artrage full ed 2.5, everything is fine, but when it comes to print (cmd + P) I get cropped images, even if i set up the page to A4 landscape 100% size.
    If I save the image jpeg tiff ..., and reopen it in preview the i get full print of the image.
    I tried with parallel printer (epson r300) and wifi (epson r2400) same behaviour.

By the way why not implementing an automatic renumbering of the saved file and of the saved images?So when i hit cmd + s on a new file it automatically increase the numbering by one.

thank you in advance
    Umba

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Umba! Welcome to the forums.

In order to make sure that printing directly from ArtRage is the correct size, when starting your painting ( File -> New Painting ) make sure to specify the size you want in cm, mm or inches and also set the DPI for reasonable print resolution, say 300 DPI. This will ensure that your image is of the correct dimensions and contains enough detail to look good when printing.

Regarding the second question, ArtRage doesn't do that currently, but we will be looking at file saving again for the next version of ArtRage. Thanks for the feedback!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Dave,
    So I set new paint to say mm 297x 210 (A4 dimension) 300 dpi and I get the correct image printed directly in ArtRage.

Gallery
    View images
    What you're saying is basically correct, although your printer is likely to have some sort of margins built in. You can check your printer's documentation to find out what its maximum printable area is for an a4 page to find out how large its margins are. Alternatively, you can find out roughly by creating a painting a little smaller with a quit dab of paint in each corner, then printing as a test.

You can also save your size and DPI settings as a preset by going to 'preset sizes' then 'add a new preset' in the New Painting dialog when you have some measurements you may want to use in future. You can then use them with future paintings by going to File -> New Painting, then selecting your preset from 'preset sizes'. I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design