ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dragon Speedpainting

Dragon Speedpainting

Hi here is my contribution for the speedpaint of the week within the pixelbrush.net forum. Thema: Dragons.

This is 100% ArtRage, oil with 3D lighting off (press F5) knife and pencil.

I am not a speedpainter, lol. Usually i have to erase hundred times before getting what i want, especially in figurative drawing. But by respect for the thread rules i stoped to work on it before 2 hours elapsed. Need practice. I am not a dragon anatomist, so constructive criticism will be welcome.

I will maybe enhance it later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon_01.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	22267  
    Last edited by orbital_chiller; 11-18-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: pixelbrush.net instead of .com

Dear Orbital, very nice speed painting, well done!, poor dragon must have to pass some tests before becoming an official dragon,
    Last edited by Lee; 11-16-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dear Orbital, very nice speed painting, well done!, poor dragon must have to pass some tests before becoming and official dragon,
    Thank you, lee... Hehe, yeah it does look a bit like that... this wasn't really intentional

a beauty of a dragon. your drawing is cool and love the colors of the dragon... seems almost translucent. great job on the dragon.

Thank you gzairborne, i see what you mean, didn't have time to work on the contrast, it has a "gelatin" effects on its tummy...

I love it, the Dragon looks like he's tip toeing across hot coals and I like the colour of him, very good speed painting.

Thank you Sandyg

Your Dragon is a very sympathetic one, poor him trying to walk on fire with so funny gestures, I like the colors too.Good one.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Thx Dany51 ^^"