ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sumo Paint

Sumo Paint

Something I found on the web... Very interesting. Works pretty well. Thought the Artrage community might like play around with it. One day adobe will not the the powerhouse they are today because of upcoming tools like this.

sumopaint dot com

Sorry since this my first post it would not let me post the link, so I had to spell it out... sorry.

Been a Artrage user for a long time... I just don't post my work like I should. One day I will get the courage to share my doodles. I enjoy coming here everyday and reading and looking at everyone's great work. Artrage is a great app and the people that use and support it make it that much better.

I saw this and could not resist sharing... I know you all would some fun with it.
    Cheers!

Great find, still, give me AR though...
    Post your drawings soon, they'll encourage you to go on.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

That is very cool. Looks like someone got ahold of some photoshop code.
    For a free online app it isn't too bad.

here is the link:
    http://www.sumopaint.com/app/

one only has to take a few strokes with the brush to see the clear superiority of artrage. What the guys have done with the blending of paint is far and away superior.
    Like when turning instant dry off. It will be a long time before they simulate what has been done in art rage as far as paint mixing together.
    These inexpensive art programs can only have solid color applied... like instant dry on in artrage. No thinner washes and no mixing of paint.
    Couple things cool though... a flat calligraphic brush and that curved line tool is freakin' cool! Not all that useful I don't think, but still a quite a little marvel of programming that... a bouncy little curve that is shaped after you apply a stroke... and no bezier curve handles necessary.... wow, that's a cool little gizmo.

http://www.aniboom.com/ShapeshifterAnimachine.aspx

here's a link to an on line flash animation making software. The tab "watch" shows some possibilities.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

The gradient tool was a hoot. You can swing it around very easily. Clearly not as good a paint program as ArtRage, but I can see where it would be fun for people unfamiliar with such programs. They did get a lot of inspiration from Photoshop.
    Crazy in Wisconsin

Thanks for that link. I am new here, and my background has been in doing
    artwork on Palm programs like Moepaint. I miss things like click and fills
    and various preset textures, and a lot more that was in those programs.
    This seems to have some of those things, and for the price ( free) its a keeper and should be fun to play with.
    I have a long way to go with Artrage, and hope to become part of the community here. Will post artwork soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fenraven View Post
    The gradient tool was a hoot. You can swing it around very easily. Clearly not as good a paint program as ArtRage, but I can see where it would be fun for people unfamiliar with such programs. They did get a lot of inspiration from Photoshop.
    That gradient tool is freakin' amazing. You are right. So simple and fun to use. Best I have ever seen for simplicity and the quality seems good too.

Welcome Rob in Denver, you will love artrage!

Hi has anyone been able to load a pic from there computer, it seems to take along time, i gave up after 10 mins
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Quote Originally Posted by cripster View Post
    Hi has anyone been able to load a pic from there computer, it seems to take along time, i gave up after 10 mins
    Yeah, I did. I had no trouble with it when I tried. It's an interesting program, but the lack of shortcuts for everything was driving me crazy (not sure if that was just because I was using the online version or not). I didn't care for how the colors interacted with each other either (especially with the airbrush style brush).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by fenraven View Post
    The gradient tool was a hoot.
    I first saw this kind of gradient tool in Pixelmator. It is really nice to see where the gradient is going while your applying it. It really is a more efficient
    way of applying color. Adobe should take note.

I love to see the little guys making advances in software that Adobe can't dream up on there own. ArtRage is a fine example of quality innovative software that Adobe can only hope to steal their ideas from.

Amazing what a couple programers and a passion for their product can do that millions of dollars and hundreds of programmers can't.