ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artrage in toplist for "illegal" searches

Artrage in toplist for "illegal" searches

I've just read my daily online newspaper here in switzerland and got that:

In this news post the talking about security lecks in the rapidshare site and on the first picture they show a picture of a illegal site on wich you can search trough the rapidshare archivs...

http://www.20min.ch/digital/webpage/...Share-12344803

If you watch closely you can see that ambient & artrage is listed on top of the favourite search terms

And i'm guessing it's not the free version

Just wanna tell that...
    but define the number of black downloads isn't possible....
    maybe just some estimates...

Greetz maror
    Last edited by maror; 11-14-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

How many people are saying: I'll never pay for software! " ?
    A lot more than others (over here). I don't understand it. You don't go to your supermarket and go out without paying?

I even get special looks and raised eyebrows, when I say "Every bit of software is legal on my computer" !
    I find it unbelievable, and have no words for it....
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by hanzz View Post
    I even get special looks and raised eyebrows, when I say "Every bit of software is legal on my computer" !
    Same here, even many years ago when I was a student. I already knew back then that, some day, I'd make my living by writing software and relying on others paying for it.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

The thing that bugs me the most (aside from the fact that it's stealing in the first place) is the fact that they're searching for a program that is basically being given away for nearly nothing as it is. I've eaten dinners that cost more then the download version of ArtRage. If they can't cough up $25 (US) for a program like this, then I think they have their priorities confused.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 11-14-2008 at 04:09 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Indeed, that's crazy to steal a software with such a friendly price. Beside that you get a customer support that probably beat all customer service in the whole world... unfair

Indeed piracy is a pain in the arse.
    We could implement stronger anti-piracy measures on ArtRage, but in general even the best anti-piracy measures are broken pretty quickly. And adding stronger anti-piracy measures just tends to make the software harder to use for non-pirates.

A common lie of pirates is that they say software is overpriced, they dont want to pay to support overpaid developers and evil corporations, that the cost of software doesn't reflect the actual value or effort that was put into development.
    But the fact that ArtRage is so ubiquitously pirated, but costs (in my opinion) *way* cheaper than its worth in development time and feature set gives complete lie to pirates.

Basically they're just bastards.
    Software piracy is theft - plain and simple.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Andy, you're absolutely right on all accounts.

The vast majority of people have not only a questionable morale in terms of software theft, but also have absolutely no idea whatsoever what it takes to make software, let alone nice and good software. The mathematics behind every single brush stroke alone would blow most people's head off.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Ive always paid for my software. The developers deserve that! And as has already been said--stealing extremely useful but still very cheap software? Rip off the biggies, but leave the Rage brothers alone!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

stealing extremely useful but still very cheap software? Rip off the biggies, but leave the Rage brothers alone!
    I'm sorry ,but I can never agree with this statement.
    I agree that the biggies have too biggie prices, but if you want software, pay for it. simple.
    Or find a freeware alternative.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

I guess the mild-upside is that at least it means we're popular. Every cloud has a silver lining, but don't say that too loud or they'll nick it...
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.