ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vampire: first colour artrage

vampire: first colour artrage

Hi guys
    Im new to artrage, and new to the forum. I have done alot of sketching in the last 2 weeks since I got artrage, but no serious colour work, so this is the first colour image and Im determined not to take it over to photoshop to finish it.

Im looking for some support on this one. Ive got the image thus far (see last image) but ive hit a wall. so any help would be appreciated, crit, advice, etc. All Ive used thus far are the basic brushsets and blender, plus one custom stencil I made from the first sketch (what a superb tool that is!)

have now attached image...

all comments appreciated
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by digi-mech; 11-13-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    whoopy do

you can attach the file to the message to show it. That way, you avoid the url thing.

ok thanks, sorted it. its still a work in progress... getting there though.
    steve
    whoopy do

The only thing I can see that could be said to be lacking would be bloodshot eyes. Nice job Steve and welcome to here.

I have to say frankly, it seems more scareing to me as it is as all this blood covered vampires, just for the contrast betwin the eyes and the mouth,
    what a pitty, a such beautiful young men transforming himself in a dangerous predator, really scareing, is probably the effect that you look for
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

final

thanks for the comments guys. as for the image, I think I have taken it as far as i can, its been very interesting coming out of photoshop and using art rage, I dont think my work has suffered much quality wise, the process was slightly longer, but realistically I think thats because Im not familiar with the software.

I find art rage forces me to draw rather than take short cuts, which is a good thing.

so here is the final image I have cooled down the left hand side and warmed up the right, tweeked the mouth slightly and darkened the eyes, hopefully the balance is a little better.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    whoopy do

Boy he scares me but it's a great painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I like it....Nice and sacrey....Nice work, and welcome to the forum..

thanks for the welcome and the comments guys, Im loking forward to getting to grips with this software, has a real natural feel to it.

steve
    whoopy do

Nice... You did the skin texture very well.