Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Four and Twenty horses

Light Version..

heres the lightest version....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4&20 Light Version....jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	22224  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Darker Version

Heres the darker one,( for those people who dont like faded grey).still not black I hope....Good test for Monitors this...like a grey Scale test...Jack.

Name:	4&20Dark Version...jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	22225  
    Last edited by jacktar51; 11-15-2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: adding picture, forgot it

Dear Jack, getting better and better! i like the one with the brightest moon, the way i have my order is that bright moon one is on the bottom, am thinking that where there is a little moon light there is a little color, where there is complete darkness there would be no color at all, maybe a little moonshine would shed a little light allover so perhaps there may be a little color all over even though is is very close to black but no quite, and i don't even know what i am talking about so i will just keep watching and learn, love the little inn sign with the ship

Like it very much. The darkest one looks best to me so no worries there (on a macbook). I often wonder what posting images look like to PC viewers.
    Nice work, its nice to find some time to look at the gems here
    Keep up the good work.
    Boxy

Very nice....I like both versions....

When I saw the darker one, I thought, "Now the picture is starting to come to life. A little more, and he's got it."

Then I saw the lighter rendition and thought you over-shot and went too far, especially in the sky and roof.

Tricky stuff, no doubt! I admite your courage in trying such a difficult interpretation!
    Crazy in Wisconsin

Darker Still...

Third go... this one will probably be visible on normal windows PC, but perhaps toooooo dark for MACs...Any comments on this appreciated, brightness levels on this kind of picture are fairly critical, and on my monitor ( Flat screen).the dark bits in the shadows are black now not grey, so can you still see it please.???????.. if you can I will post this picture in the gallery forum... thanks for your help... Jack.

Name:	4&20Darker Still.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	22283  

Well, when the contrast in a painting is intense the painting appear more vivid, when there are only darks or only lights is more illustration like.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

Thumbs up

Dear Jack, still like the one called Up-Date , i think it is #8,, can't comment on the technicalities of it, and i don't think it is so important but that what is pleasing, and #8 is very pleasing i think, very well done,,,,

The last one is too dark again.
    Crazy in Wisconsin