ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mask and Cat

Mask and Cat

Just started this and hope to get a few hours in on it this week. Airbrush and oil paint so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Crazy in Wisconsin

Good so far, love the cat peeking out from the cloak.

It has a great feel to it! I hope you get some time to continue painting.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I love this! I am a big fan of Hugo Pratt, clear minimalist style. This first step in your painting as well as the theme in it somehow remind me of his work... WIP?

I will admit I got the idea from a photo posted on pbase, taken by Silvano at the recent Venice Festival. I loved the look of the masked person enshrouded with a cape, so starkly black and white. I added the cat under the cape as a point of interest. Also added the soon-to-be diamond and gold bracelet/necklace because I love sparkle. Heh.

I did work on the mask a bit yesterday, but I'm having trouble blending the colors smoothly enough with the knife. Not sure why. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanksgiving holiday coming up and I hope to be able to put in some real time on this one...especially as I've already planned my next painting!
    Crazy in Wisconsin

Post your update, we will see

I've worked on the mask a bit, but it's certainly not finished and I'm not happy with how the blending is going. Suggestions are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Crazy in Wisconsin

wow nice effect, you did a pearly nacre render to the mask! it's how it looks like to me

Thanks for the encouraging words. I really hope to have time this weekend to continue working on this. And I'm really looking forward to painting the cat.
    Crazy in Wisconsin