ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Waiting for Artrage to arrive

Gallery
    View images

Waiting for Artrage to arrive

I've been offline for several years, just back online.....visited a auction site and saw folks wildly bidding on used, ArtRage software, not knowing what it was, I googled, and then I was smitten.

I tried the download, but have ME,and it wouldn't work, needless to say I've ordered and waiting for my Monday delivery.

I have another computer, but because of issues of my new DSL line it's
    still offline, it's a Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Tablet, anyone know if it will work?

Already planning my first creation, off a photo ........2 Dung Beetle pushing a ball of ?? around in the grass.......think I call it ... Hmmm...Congress at work....

I've read a lot of threads ...looked at all the work...beautiful work!!
    Can't wait...if I were a child I'd be sitting up all night long in anticipation!
    Last edited by serendipity; 11-09-2008 at 05:01 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm not sure if it will work with your systems, but I hope it does. ArtRage is a wonderful program to use for fun or work. Welcome to the forums
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I tried the download, but have ME,and it wouldn't work,
    Don't think anything works on ME. I had it before, and downgraded to Win98, now I have XP. Things work fine with that.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanzz View Post
    Don't think anything works on ME. I had it before, and downgraded to Win98, now I have XP. Things work fine with that.
    I agree that ME was an abomination. I didn't know that some ppl were still trying to use it. Indeed W98 was much more stable... Probably lot of internet applets incompatibilities as well when you are using old OS like that, new stuffes aren't designed to work on W98 or ME...
    Last edited by orbital_chiller; 11-09-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: 010001010011101

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2.5 requires Windows XP as a minimum. When we went to ArtRage 2.0 we had to drop support for Windows 95, 98, and ME as we needed some of the Windows XP -specific features.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks..I was looking to upgrade to XP when I found the ArtRage

I don't know if I can upgrade my tablet it's 2000 pro

Black Friday shopping might have good results this year.

Gallery
    View images
    You'd probably be further ahead to just bite the bullet and buy a whole new system. Upgrading a machine made to handle ME to XP or Vista will probably be quite a strain on it.

Gallery
    View images
    You're right about that...maybe soon I can do it..I have to catch up with all the programs that have come out in the last few years while I've been offline..before I can decide what I need.

Usually I get a local computer shop to build one for me, they really need the business, and that way when I screw it up or lightening hits they know the system.