Thread: Turn Off Layers

Gallery
    View images

Turn Off Layers

I need to import a PNG. image and then tell AR to turn OFF Layers.

How do I do that please?

Gallery
    View images
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but using: File > Import Image should bring in your PNG file as a single base layer which can be painted upon. There shouldn't be any additional layers created this way.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images

Here are the instructions from the PNG file.

Here are the instructions from the PNG file. Please help.

PNG Book Cover Templa
    te Instructions
    (for use
    with a variety of image editingsoftware, such as Adobe Photoshop, MicrosoftPaint, etc.)
    1. Open the PNG Book Cover Template in your image editing software.
    2. Create a new layer in your image editing software.
    3. Design your cover using the template PNG as the guide layer. Do not move the guides layer, as it is properly aligned for printing.
    4. The red zone will be trimmed off. The blue zone is a buffer to account for normal variations in cutting. Design your artwork so that it goes all the way to the edge of the red zone, but donít put any important items in either the red or blue zones. Doing this ensures that there will not be a white border when the book is cut.
    5. Please ensure that you donít place any important images or text in the ISBN barcode location. This area is shown in the template. Fill the area with your background color or design. Do not include a white box for the barcode or move the location of the ISBN.
    6. Once your design is complete, turn off the PNG guide layer. If you do not turn off the PNG guide layer, it will be printed as part of your cover.
    7. Save your file in case you need to make future changes.
    8. Export a PDF file. Depending on the program you are using, the feature to do this may be in the File menu under options such as "Save AsÖ" or "Export." Use high quality settings, embed fonts in the file, and "do not downsample" (If your software provides these options).

Gallery
    View images
    Use Import Image under the File menu to import the PNG file you were provided. Once it's opened in ArtRage, I'd recommend creating a new layer so you may work above the template layer (which would be the imported PNG). Create your cover on the top layer. When you are finished, you'll have to use a 3rd party program to save it as a PDF file, because ArtRage does not have an option for this type of file. I'd recommend exporting it as a PSD file and opening it up in photoshop to convert it as a PDF.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you someonesane that sounds like a great idea!!!

Duets