Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Child of the forest

Gallery
    View images

Child of the forest

Hello Dear friends .
    I painted this portrait from a small image (which I also attached in this post) from the moment I saw this photo it caught my eyes because it showed that this child is really a son of the forest , which is really seen from the dirt on his cloth and skin and the many wonds on him and I tried to accentiuat these features . I changed some of the features of his face (under the nose) because it wasn't so beautiful .. and I changed all the background, and I captured his cloth with all it's featured exactly as much as I could. it took me plenty of time as I was working on it before the last flowers painting .I changed the background more than once because I was trying to make it as simple as I could so that the eye doesn't divert from the child .
    only on one layer as usual
    I'll will post the steps that I done this painting in , soon in the Tips & tricks section .
    I hope you like it and I'm waiting your comments .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Child of the forest-2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	21946  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art2220-1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	21947  

Gallery
    View images
    Amazing....That is fantastic and The background looks great...Great work...!!

Gallery
    View images
    Nabil, is a very, very good painting, prettier than the photo, but here are the point, this child is like a rose with rain on it, you can smell it better;
    for him the rain is the white dirt on his body and face and can see his soul in his eyes. You did make a lifting of his face and I am sure that people will like the face as you paint it but for me this imperfections that you take out can explain to the viewer the pain that he can have inside,
    this is one point, also, there are a disonance from the rest of the body, which is so well done, that natural pouder is all around his body, than for me is better to find it a little on his face too.
    I like the way you paint the hear.
    I don't want to make you sad, this is in fact my personal opinion about beauty in a painting, I prefere to have the expression of what is inside as a preaty face, even when the face is very preaty.
    But this are matter of details and soul.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Gallery
    View images
    just Amazing, I love his eyes. Only one thing, I think that you'll should finish the tool coz it's not a simple trunk ...the rest it's perfect, identical to the photo.
    I'm sorry for my English...coz...I don't speak english
    "La vida es un momento entre dos eternidades"

Gallery
    View images
    Amazing work again, Nabil. Very detail and execellent painted. I also agree what Dany suggested. With the powder on his face, it will have that stronger expression since this is to describe he belongs to the forest. His face is too clean for that.

Gallery
    View images
    Simply WOW! Just so very well done!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    It was a superlative work, dearest Nabil! I'm in awe in front of Your artistic talent indeed!
    I would buy and keep as a treasure any tutorial on how You get such magic results in a relatively limited time (as it appears considering the frequency of Your posts and the other daily duties and responsibilities).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Wow......
    Another Wow....
    .........and another wow!!

absolutely breathtaking work!!!
    I love the way you did the hair and eyebrows!!
    and no doubt your painting looks better than the pic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!
    Bravo!

The conscious utterance of thought, by speech or action, to any end, is Art.

MYblog
    MyDeviantArtProfile

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful painting again Nabil.
    I love it, it looks like his been working hours in the forest. His eyes tell a story.

Gallery
    View images
    incredible how you manage this... Your technique is simply perfect.