Thread: neat black lines

neat black lines

Hi All,

I would like to know which tool I can use to have neat and sharp black lines (as used for comics). I tried the marker with a width of 5% but it's not very regular... and in some places, it refuses to draw (maybe the grain of the paper ?). How can I have a very smooth paper with no texture ?

you can see an example in my homepage (in my profile).

And I would like to say that I saw a lot of wonderful painting on this forum !! It's very encouraging to pursue using Artrage.

(sorry for my bad english )

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Cannelle,

Try the following out:
    1. - Set the Paper grain for the layer you are going to ink over to the "Cell" preset (if you want the paper for the layer to be white, put it's "opacity" setting to 100%).

2. - Select the "Felt Pen" (Marker) and change its properties to the following:
    Pressure: 50%
    Softness: 90%
    Wetness: 50%
    Art Pen: On
    With these settings the pressure applied to the tablet will change the width of the stroke, so you'll have to decide what size the brush should be set at for your use. I used the Felt Pen with these settings to create the following image, which seemed to work out pretty well for me.

Last edited by Someonesane; 11-03-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Typo fix
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

yes ! that's what I want ! thank you very much.
    the thing is... I only have the starter edition (no layers and less options for the felt pen).
    I need to buy the full version

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannelle View Post
    I need to buy the full version
    You won't be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by someonesane
    2. - Select the "Felt Pen" (Marker) and change its properties to the following:
    Personally i have "blacker" results if Art Pen is On, when it's Off, it's not totally opaque and i need several strokes to make it black...

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by orbital_chiller View Post
    Personally i have "blacker" results if Art Pen is On, when it's Off, it's not totally opaque and i need several strokes to make it black...
    Right you are orbital, I typo'ed that bit. It was supposed to say "On".
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thanks all