ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Changing the colour behind the canvas

Gallery
    View images

Changing the colour behind the canvas

Is it possible to change the colour of the screen behind the canvas from the default white? The white colour, because of the glare of my monitor, makes it hard to see the edges of paintings with darker, subtler colours. It washes out the subtlety. This is because the eye adjusts to that bright white border. I would much rather it be black, really, since a black border works equally well for dark and bright paintings (it doesn't interfere with them, anyway).

There's no problem if the painting takes up the whole screen, of course, but if it's an irregular size then that bright white colour can be a problem.

If this is not yet possible, I think this might be a useful and not-too-difficult feature to add.
    Last edited by Esn; 11-01-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Select the colour you want in the colour picker. Then <alt>click in the area behind the canvas.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Oh my, it's so simple!... Thank you very much.

P.S. I've never used the "alt+click" command before for anything... is it used for other things also?

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah - if you <alt> click inside the canvas area, it's a shortcut to sampling the colour.
    You can also sample from reference images using <alt> click in the reference image.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"