ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat oil brush

Flat oil brush

Adding a flat [chisel] brush option will be useful. ArtRage oil brush is a kind of rigger. "Rigger" and "Flat" buttons can be added on oil brush control panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I haven't tried that but it gave me an idea on what brush will I use to paint bamboo leaves.

Yes, a flat profile when starting a stroke would be a great option.

Absolutely! I have asked for the same just a few days ago. The roller tool can fill some of the gaps, but is very difficult to handle with precison, especially at start and finish of each stroke.

In my real oil painting studio, I keep a numbert of different brush shapes in various sizes, round and rigger are the leaast of them. I mostly use square and filbert cuts. I consider these four cuts essential, and their absence a severe shortcoming in ArtRage.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Brush Type

The lack of a square cut brush is a huge hindrance to the success of Artrage (IMHO). Better pressure sensitivity at the start of each stroke would be a huge improvement, as well. At small diameters and due to the tapered shape, the standard Artrage brush won't even apply paint in the first few pixels. It's basically useless for serious detail work even on my Modbook. I find the rigger brush shape so frustrating that I'm now considering shelling out the cash for Corel's Painter X.

Hey guys, please, Please, PLEASE give us a brush selector.

the alternative is stroke on a new layer, and erase the rounded tip.

A flat would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Walsh View Post
    the alternative is stroke on a new layer, and erase the rounded tip.
    For an entire painting???

Too time consuming.

Yes, the lack of a flat oil brush is one of the things that often kills ArtRage for me and sends me to Photoshop or Painter, when I might otherwise just use ArtRage for its ease of use and the ultra-cool stencils. Not only do we need a flat brush, but we also need to be able to control its orientation with the pen tilt.

nice idea , but now we can temporary use oil brush and eraser or crayon with same color with environment around
    ... Listen to a nightingale
    ... For a Silent Mind