Thread: ArtRage and SmartBoards

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage and SmartBoards

Has anyone noticed issues with using ArtRage and the latest update of SmartBoard.

The program works on the laptop, but not when using the SmartBoard. A thin "ghost" image is all I get when using ArtRage with my hand.
    Thanks,

Gallery
    View images
    I used the free version of AR2 with a smartboard, cant remember any ghosting?
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Any chance you could post a screenshot? This sounds either like a problem with pressure, or a problem with the colour being set to white and I just need to make sure I know what the problem looks like.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage not working on my SmartBoard either

Since upgrading to Notebook 10, ArtRage works on my desktop (Intel iMac OS X 10.4.11). Ran the SmartBoard firmware upgrade that came with Notebook 10 too. It worked before the upgrade, and still works when using it from the computer but all is white when I try to paint from the smartboard with paintbrush, pencil, etc.... Have adjusted the slider to the right of the color wheel to no avail. Any help?

Gallery
    View images
    Could you post a screenshot of your ArtRage window after you have painted some strokes? A couple of oil strokes should help us see what the problem is, but also try a couple of chalk strokes.

For the sake of clarity I have included a screen shot of the colour picker.

The area marked A shows you the colour that will be applied when you paint. If that is white, you will be painting white.

The area marked B is the 'brightness' slider. If you click and drag in this slider the round indicator in it will move up and down. Regardless of the colour you have selected in the big semi-circular picker, if the brightness slider is set all the way to the top you will only see white.

Enough Smart users have had a problem with this that it is possible there is more than one issue here, we need screenshots to confirm the colour issue and the look of the strokes if colour is not the cause.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

Screen Shot for Art Rage & Mac OS X Leopard

Hi Matt: Attached is the screenshot of my Mac showing the Art Rage window. The tools work on the window but not on the Smart Board. I talked to some folks at SMART Tech who said that Art Rage/Ambient was aware of the issue and were "working on it" to try and fix this. Once fixed, I am sure I will purchase the product, as will my husband, who is a Technology Director for a school district that has around 35 SMART boards in classrooms. Any update on the issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

Larger Pic

See the larger pic with the "shadow" tracings on the board where I tried to paint. Al tools behave this same way - no solid colors, just tracings or shadows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRageDesktopLarge.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	22957  

Gallery
    View images
    At the moment the problem appears to be in limbo. We're using standard tablet handling in ArtRage and we passed on your note that the app worked fine up until the firmware update to the SMART hardware. We haven't heard anything back from them yet on this but we're not currently working on changes at our end as the problem appears to be external to the software.

Sorry I can't give a more immediate solution!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

I am having same problem...

When I try to write on the SmartBoard with the paint brush it does not work...I am anxious about this cuz I already purchased the program and want to be able to use it.....help!!!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

Check that the vertical slider to the right of the main colour picker is not at maximum, just in case, as that will cause white to be painted no matter what colour you select in the main area of the colour picker. Otherwise, you can find the details of what we know about this problem above.

We are currently talking to Smart's engineers to find out what the problem is, but there isn't anything that can be done to fix it via ArtRage at this point as it appears to relate to the firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design