ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need help with hair

Gallery
    View images

Question Need help with hair

i just cant get the hair right never mind the rest of the face!!! can anyone help please
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hair help

Start with the medium color; that's your base. Then start stroking in the darklights; I often use a pencil for this. Using a reference picture helps. Use the palette knife on soft to gently blend. Then add highlights; blend with knife. I generally keep doing this over and over to get more depth. Once just isn't enough.
    Crazy in Wisconsin

Gallery
    View images
    Hi babelbox,
    There are no one way to do a painting, all depends of what you want to express with it or in it!
    For instance, you did make the choice af a nice eyes color,turquoise,you put the same color all around and is very intense,
    for the purpose to not to look hypnotical (if you don't wish this effect),
    you have to calm down the color whit different shades going to the green or to the blue, your choice,you can also ad some greysh shades of this colors to make the diversity, you will see that can be very interesting;

for the hair you have to continue and give shadows and lights;
    why you don't work on layers ?
    make a layer for the shadows, one for the lights and work on the three levels until you like the result,you can clear the layer if you don't like what you are doing,
    after that you can merge the three layers and blend them for a final result.
    all the work on layers is using the arrow on the layer and make the choice that you want.

Now go to paint and take your time.
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Gallery
    View images

Hair help?

Quote Originally Posted by babelbox View Post
    i just cant get the hair right never mind the rest of the face!!! can anyone help please
    It's a good idea to make a thin outline to guide you first, then start with the lightest color you have, but remember to always start from the middle, making tiny thread of hair then gradually building them up longer, then add darker colours and do the sae thing again, maybe a few lights glares would look good, too.
    Hope I helped!
    Holly.

Gallery
    View images

Smile thanks

thanks for helping me out everyone will try out your tips for my hair and have already started to try them!!!