ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tips on painting trees for a newbie

Gallery
    View images

Tips on painting trees for a newbie

Hi, only had Artrage for a couple of week, got the hang of clouds and waves but just cannot get my head round doing trees and foliage. Any tips?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Coops,
    I'm not an expert but I use Tube paint thick to do the trunk and blend using flat, if it extends too messy use the eraser to make tidy. I use tube paint from 1% to 5% to do various size branches, to do foliage I tend to use glitter, sometimes using some chalk.
    A member Misterpaint has done some stencils of different trees if you wanted to use them.
    But you can have fun trying to do your own brand of tree, the way you are painting your tree would be good.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much Sandyg for taking the time to help. Never thought about the tubes, will give it a go. There is so much that Artrage can do (if you only knew how) thanks again.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Coops- Tinzo posted an excellent tutorial on painting trees. You can find it here: http://web.mac.com/btinsley/iWeb/Tin...0Tutorial.html
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Fashmir, thats a super site and will for sure give those trees a go. Thanks again