Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adesso Cypertablet

Gallery
    View images

Adesso Cypertablet

Hi all,

I know that the Wacom Cintiq is a great product, but it also has a hefty pricetag. I found this alternative product, but haven't been able to find any reviews of it. It apparently works with Photoshop etc. but Artrage?

I'm still most tempted to buy the Cintiq, but it's great with some competition.

oh, and here is the link to the tablet itself:
    http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=307

cheers,
    Peter
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVIllustration View Post
    Hi all,

I know that the Wacom Cintiq is a great product, but it also has a hefty pricetag. I found this alternative product, but haven't been able to find any reviews of it. It apparently works with Photoshop etc. but Artrage?

I'm still most tempted to buy the Cintiq, but it's great with some competition.

oh, and here is the link to the tablet itself:
    http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=307

cheers,
    Peter
    This is sorta pricey too, isn't it. What I could do with one of these! Now you went and got my tech lust up. Hahaha.

Hey, do you know if you can use these with a side monitor for palettes and so forth as well?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    This is sorta pricey too, isn't it.
    It's not so expensive when you consider that a floating third hand is included

Gallery
    View images
    I use an Aiptek Slim Tablet 600U works fine with the latest drivers.. don't know if a Wacom is betterbecause I've never used one... but they would need to be 3 times better to justify the cost difference.

Gallery
    View images
    Geeez, because of this thread i ve just discovered what a cintiq is... it's sooo expensive ... at that price i d buy a tablet PC...

Gallery
    View images
    Why not settle for a normal tablet? It has the advantage that you can see exactly where you put your pen as there is no pen in the way. I got used to using one in just a week. I kind of fail to see the point of having screen and tablet combined.

Gallery
    View images
    I still like my Graphic Bluetooth, (x2) one for home and one from Work, i'd never doing any art with out it, and i owe it all to the AR family,

I started with a Tablet from Dick Smith, and it was ok, just really do what i wanted.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    I already have a tablet PC (HP TC 4400) and I love it. But the drawing area is only 12" and a native resolution of 1024x768.

I have a 21" Cintiq at work, and you just can't compare the two. My tabletPC is great for sketching and portability, but the Cintiq actually allows for doing finished art. You just need both!

DAkey - I know for a fact that you can indeed use a second monitor with the Cintiq. Works really well.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVIllustration View Post
    I already have a tablet PC (HP TC 4400) and I love it. But the drawing area is only 12" and a native resolution of 1024x768.

I have a 21" Cintiq at work, and you just can't compare the two. My tabletPC is great for sketching and portability, but the Cintiq actually allows for doing finished art. You just need both!

DAkey - I know for a fact that you can indeed use a second monitor with the Cintiq. Works really well.
    Hi Peter, i'd love to have a bigger Tablet but my poor arms wouldn't beable to reach up and do what i want so my area is a 5x8 (A5 size) which is just right for me.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    High guys, been a really long time. Wanted to weigh in on this topic as I recently picked up a Wacom Intuos 3 4x6 refurbished and was stunned at how well it works after getting used to an Intous 3 9x12. I got the 4x6 to accompany the MacBook that I was never able to buy. (I no longer have a job. So it goes...) The 4x6 is the one I plug in now. I suppose that's a good thing as I'll have to sell the 9x12 soon anyway...

Here's a great place to shop for these things, I got both of mine there. (and both were refurbished so if your budget is tight.)

digitalgraphicsresources.com

By the By, I couldn't get a laptop but did get a new iMac last summer so I'm a really happy guy, both artistically and musicaly, and now without a job I have time to play!!!.

XOXO,
    sam...
    "Up to now I've managed, but since they know I can't do any other kind of work in life except invent absurdities, they pay me badly." Rene Daumal (Trans. Roger Shattuck) from "Mount Analogue"